Employer: Interwest Consulting Group
Position: ICC Certified Fire Plans Examiner or Fire Protection Engineer
Location: Various throughout California
Interwest Consulting Group was founded in 2002 and has become a leader in providing municipal services to cities and counties throughout the Western United States. We currently have over 400 employees specializing in building safety, municipal engineering, information technology, geographic information systems and city planning. We are seeking an ICC certified Fire Plans Examiner or Fire Protection Engineer with in-depth knowledge of California Fire Code/International Fire Code, Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm Standards and the California Building Code/International Building Code. We are seeking individuals with a minimum five years of experience. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a key member of our highly qualified, collaborative, and motivated fire protection team. Please state your preferred location when submitting your resume.
Requirements:- Current ICC Certification as a Fire Plans Examiner
Position: Fire Protection Team Lead
Location: Irvine, CA
Jacobs is seeking qualified individuals for an immediate opportunity to join their team of dedicated Fire Protection Professionals. Reporting to a Regional Group Leader, this role, as part of our Fire Protection Design Services, provides fire protection engineering consulting services to include fire sprinkler, fire suppression, fire detection and alarm, and mass notification systems design for new and existing facilities including aircraft hangars, high-rise office buildings, dormitories, federal facilities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, and warehouses; as well as consulting for life safety, building, and fire code compliance. Work with an in-house staff of architects and engineers to coordinate fire protection systems in an integrated BIM working environment while considering client concerns for project costs and construction schedules. Planning and design details including engineering concepts, distribution plans, riser diagrams, detail drawings, schedules, specifications, design analysis, and engineering reports. Occasional on-site project observations and reviews; duties required to fulfill contractual obligations for construction phase services; overseeing other personnel assigned to this responsibility.
Requirements:- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, or Fire Protection Engineering Technology
- Minimum 7 years of technical experience in a technical fire protection design or consulting role involving fire protection systems is required, or minimum 5 years with BS FPE
- Experience in fire sprinkler, suppression, and fire alarm system layout utilizing hydraulic calculation programs, and knowledge of NFPA Codes, and International Building and Fire Codes
- Demonstrated experience in ability to lead projects and manage resources
- PE in any US State is required, having passed the fire protection engineering written examination
- Proof of US Citizenship is required.
To apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1964174330/
Employer: Honda Performance Development, Inc.
Position: Facilities Sr. Technician
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Honda Performance Development, Inc., a leader in motorsports racing, is seeking a highly organized and detailed oriented Facilities Sr. Technician to join its Racing program in Santa Clarita, California.
Responsibilities include providing general mechanical, electrical and structural technician services, coordinating and administering facility and building equipment inspections, repairs, preventative maintenance work and tenant improvements. Will handle all permits pertaining to the building, environment and safety activities for HPD.
Requirements:- High school diploma
- 3+ years of working experience with building equipment operation, management and maintenance of a testing facility
- Must have prior experience with high voltage electrical underground, duct banks and cabling, utilities, environmental issues (treating, disposal and recycling of hazardous waste), underground storage tanks of oil/fuel, water, air quality, noise etc., troubleshooting and isolating problem issues related to building equipment including boilers, chillers, pumps, air compressors, cooling towers, air handlers, HVACs, low bank fuel cells, drive units, and motors
- Must have previous experience negotiating with environmental authorities and government regulators
To apply: Submit resume to HPDemployment@hra.com
Employer: Jensen Hughes
Location: San Diego, CA
Jensen Hughes is seeking a Director to manage Fire + Building Safety operations in San Diego, CA. The Director will work with the leadership team to oversee operations, mentor and lead staff, and drive the overall success, business development growth and culture for staff of 15+ providing professional level fire protection services. The leader will be responsible for instilling our company core values in the day-to-day operations of our best in class team including Always Doing the Right Thing, Client Focus, Technical Excellence, Innovation and Collaboration, Professional Growth, and Promotion of Diversity.
Requirements:- Seven (7) or more years of related engineering experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Engineering
- Demonstrated capabilities in leadership directly supervising staff
- Demonstrated capabilities in developing organizational culture
- Demonstrated capabilities in professional service business processes
- Demonstrated capabilities in business development
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Professional Engineering License desirable.
(C) Southern California Chapter of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers
Please contact a board member with any ideas or suggestions you have for the chapter. We would love to hear from you.
We hope to see you at our next event!